“The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease” – Thomas Edison
A sedentary lifestyle is a type of lifestyle with little or no physical activity. A person living a sedentary lifestyle is often sitting or lying, while reading, socializing, watching television, playing video games, or using a mobile phone/computer for much of the day.
A sedentary lifestyle has health impacts that go beyond the most obvious which is the impact on weight. This type of lifestyle contributes to multiple health risks that include mortality, cardiovascular disease, impaired respiratory function, cancer, type II diabetes, metabolic syndrome, obesity related risks, mental health changes and musculoskeletal related changes.
Prolonged sitting is unavoidable when it comes to work. Even that on it’s own is bad for you.
So we want to encourage you to try chiropractic care to reduce the stress on your neck and back as much as possible.
Lifestyle physical activity, known as “Fitness Lifestyle”, is a behavior that is broadly defined as any bodily movement produced by the contraction of muscles that substantially increases energy expenditure. There are four types of fitness that are important to incorporate into your physical activity routine:
- Cardiovascular/aerobic exercise
- Anaerobic exercise
- Joint flexibility
- Muscular endurance and strength
While the merits of good conditioning cannot be overstated, the wrong type of exercise may actually make your health condition worse. Examples include:
- Activities that impart excessive stress on the back—such as lifting heavy weights, squatting, and climbing—are not advised.
- In addition, high-impact exercises such as running, jumping, and step aerobics can aggravate a low back condition.
Sprains, strains, muscle pulls and tendonitis are some of the most common physical fitness injuries experienced when participating in physical activities and exercise. Chiropractic care helps you recover from your fitness injury faster than traditional and home remedies. Even if you are not injured, chiropractic care will improve spine alignment and can increase your range of motion and flexibility.
The term “athlete” is both confusing and loaded with stereotypes. According to University of Oregon track and field coach and Nike co-founder Bill Bowerman, “If you have a body, you are an athlete.” In other words, an athlete can be a top competitor — or an average finisher. Calling yourself an “athlete” play an important role in how you see yourself and how you ultimately perform your life(style).
- Injury Prevention – What happens when you add impact to spinal misalignment? Injury. Chiropractic doctors assess athletes’ bodies, identifying problems with joints, muscles and movement patterns. Between spinal adjustments and exercises to strengthen weak areas, chiropractors help athletes prevent many injuries.
- Enhanced Performance – Chiropractic treatment improves flexibility and range of motion, which are important for peak performance in many sports.
- Healing Injuries – Proper chiropractic care can decrease an injury’s severity and reduce pain. The athlete may recover faster than she or he would without chiropractic treatments.
You don’t have to be a professional athlete to warrant chiropractic care for your sports injuries. Millions of people run marathons, race bikes or participate in golf and tennis tournaments without ever going pro. Over the course of their athletic lives, most will have at least a few strained muscles, jarred spines, torn ligaments and other painful consequences. If your injuries are lessening your joy in your sport and interfering with your training or goals, call our clinic so we can help get you back on the court, green or field.
A lifestyle transformation from passive to fully mobile integrated being. The objective is to increase your metabolism and your body’s ability to burn fat, decrease food cravings, increase energy and improve your posture. All while progressing to a leaner, healthier RENEWED you!
- Effective Weight Management
- Conserve Muscle
- Stabilize Blood Sugar
- Eliminate Inflammation
- Stimulate Metabolism
- Promote fat loss while conserving muscle
- Reverse metabolic syndrome
- Reduce long-term health risks
Your nervous system health is paramount to your overall well-being, but it is not the only component to living a vital and healthful life. SuMejorVida Chiropractic & Wellness Center honors all aspects of healthy, vibrant living—mentally, physically, and emotionally: optimal nervous system function, therapeutic breathing, restful sleep, healthful eating, daily physical activity, grounding your body, maintaining a spirit of love, and living life with purpose. We are committed to supporting patients in achieving success and balance in all these components of health.